Your Burnaby New Westminster Animal Hospital Pet Care News
November is Senior Pet Care Month!
20% off Senior-related Services
Includes Senior Wellness Exams, physical exams, senior's blood profile, and analysis
Arthritis and your Senior Pet
Did you know?
That 25-30% of all dogs suffer from arthritis or hip dysplasia!
And nearly 100% of dogs over the age of 10 have osteoarthritis!
- 47% of large dogs are likely to develop osteoarthritis.
- Many cats suffer as well and this can contribute to other problems such as constipation and accidents outside the litter box.***
Behavioural and Neurological Changes in your Senior Pet
Many of the behavioural changes we see in our senior pets are caused by physiological changes. For example, your pet’s loss of acuity of vision, hearing, smell and taste may make them
- less responsive to his environment
- easier to startle
- occasionally more aggressive
- more afraid of common place phenomena such as loud noises or storms
- less interested in food.